Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities is a Crown agency providing tenancy services to around 187,000 public housing tenants.
Intelligent Environments Ltd (IEL) were engaged by the electrical contractor, Team Cabling, to provide lighting automation via a DALI lighting control system for levels 3, 4, and 5 in the new tenancy fitout for Kāinga Ora at 7 Waterloo Quay in Wellington.
Key Features of the LCS (Lighting Control System):
- DALI luminaires within the tenancy fitout are controlled by a number of DALI application controllers installed on each level.
- Combination lux level and motion sensors ensure a constant light level is maintained throughout the open workspace.
- Daylight harvesting adjacent to the window areas allows utilisation of natural light when available, contributing to a sustainable and healthy uilding environment.
- Rotary DALI dimmer modules are located within meeting rooms for local dimming control.
- Two profiles have been created for Kāinga Ora “Daytime” and “After Hours”.
- The zencontrol DALI system takes a holistic approach on how the Kainga Ora tenancy will operate. Control devices (sensors and switches) are programmed to behave in different ways depending on the current “profile” of the tenancy.
- The zencontrol cloud-based solution allows for remote connection to the lighting control system for off-site commissioning and fault diagnostics. This also makes future maintenance and remote support much easier.
The ability to make changes or fault find a system without even needing to visit site is of huge benefit in these challenging times of changing alert levels as our country continues to defend itself against COVID-19.